I sprayed the resist spray through a stencil and applied ink. You could use the spray on any card stock, but I wanted to experiment with THIS stamping specialty paper. It has a slight glossy finish and worked well with this technique. One thing to note…Spray this into a deep box and wash the stencils immediately. This stuff sticks to everything and dries quick. I had a bowl of warm water next to me as I worked so I could just drop the stencils in after I was done spraying.
For the first card, I sprayed through THIS stencil and applied a rainbow of Distress Ink colors over the top of the resisted areas…
I die-cut THIS die from white card stock and vellum and heat embossed a sentiment from THIS stamp set on a strip of black card stock. I also added a sprinkling of THESE embellishments to finish off the card.
For the next card, I sprayed through THIS stencil and applied Distress Ink on top…
I die-cut THIS word from white card stock three times and adhered them together and cut the shadow from vellum. I white heat embossed a sentiment from THIS stamp set to adhere above the word and finished off the design with a few of THESE. I added THIS to die-cut word as well as the tiny hearts for some shine.
For the last card, I sprayed through THIS stencil and applied Distress ink on top…
I die-cut THIS shape from the background to create a focal point for THIS butterfly to sit on. I white heat embossed a sentiment from the same stamp set on a strip of black card stock and decorated the butterfly with a few pearls.
I adhered all of the backgrounds to THESE note cards.
Using the specialty stamping paper gives it shine as well as allowing me to use THIS Micro Glaze on top. If you add a thin layer on top of the glossy paper, it makes the colors so vivid and pop off the background. If you did this technique with embossing powder instead of the resist spray, the Micro Glaze would just eat through the embossing powder. The resist sprayed backgrounds stayed in tact.
I hope this inspires you to create some resist sprayed backgrounds. These were so fun to create!