Hello. I’m back today with a few more cards using the ADORABLE panda stamp set that is included in the SSS Masterpiece Box. (Click HERE to see that post.) This panda stamp is intended for use with a planner but I find it to be perfect for making cards. One of the pandas is holding an envelope and I thought it would be perfect to send to my card making friends…
I stamped the pandas along with a sentiment using Black Staz-On ink on to a piece of THIS acetate. THIS stamp tool really helped me stamp on the slick acetate. However, if you stamp with Staz-On on acetate and mess up, you can always use an alcohol wipe (that is sold at a drug store) to clean it write off and try again. I had to do that several times and it worked like a charm!
So, I wanted to change it up a bit and create a window card…
Here’s how I created these cards…
1. I cut one inch from the bottom of the front of the card off and then another inch from that. Save those pieces you will need them.
2. I lined the bottom half of the remaining portion on the front of the card with THIS strong adhesive and laid the acetate piece on top. I also applied that same tape to the bottom of the acetate piece.
3. I used one of the one inch strips that I cut off from the beginning and laid it on the adhesive that is on the bottom of the acetate. I adhered the other one inch piece to the back to hide the adhesive.
4. I cut a piece of white cardstock that was the same size as the portion above the window to adhere to the back of the card to hide the adhesive there also.
5. I adhered patterned paper above and below the window and rounded the bottom corners.
6. I adhered a thin black strip of cardstock above and below the window to give a finished look.
7. I also rounded the bottom two corners of the card and colored the envelope using a Copic marker. I colored on the back side of the acetate.
The sentiment I used is from Simon Says Stamp but is no longer available. However, THIS or THIS stamp set would be a great alternative.
A closer look…
I hope this inspires you to add some acetate to your next card project. It’s so fun! Click HERE to see a previous card set I posted using acetate as card bases.
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day.
LINKS TO SUPPLIES USED:
July 28, 2016
These are ADORABLE!!
July 26, 2016
wow these are awesome.. totally love