Hello. I’m so excited to be the guest designer over on the Simon Says Stamp’s Wednesday Challenge Blog for the entire month of March!
For this challenge, the theme is Girly/Special Lady featuring Doodlebug products. I’ve been eager to use some of THESE kraft pockets from Doodlebug. They are so fun and I thought they would make a great gift card holder. I made this card for my mom for Mother’s Day…
TO CREATE THIS CARD…
1. Cut several strips (in different sizes) of patterned paper from the Doodlebug Sugar Shoppe 6×6 Paper Pad.
2. Create a top folding card from Neenah White Cardstock. Adhere the strips to the card base at a diagonal.
3. Die-cut a window from the polka dot treat bags by laying it inside the bag and cutting only through the front…so the blade of the die would be facing you. This way it doesn’t cut the back out as well.
4. Adhere a piece of patterned paper (from the same paper pad) to cover the opening inside the pocket for a pop of color.
5. Cut a piece of acetate to fit and glue it inside the pocket, backing the heart. This will create a window so the recipient can see the gift card inside.
6. Stamp the greeting using the Word Up stamp set by Paper Smooches using Staz-On White ink on to the front of the acetate.
7. Embellish with a few epoxy hearts from Doodlebug and adhere to the front of the card.
A closer look..
I wanted to use the heart that was cut from the treat bag on the inside of the card to tie it all together….
I stamped a greeting from THIS
stamp set on the heart using the same white ink. I die-cut a smaller heart from the same die set and covered it with my wink of stella
and glossy accents
LINKS TO PRODUCTS USED
Make sure to go and enter your project HERE
. You could win…
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have fun creating!