Hi there. Welcome. I’m excited to be a part of the Simon Says Stamp’s blog hop celebrating THIS awesome card kit …
I created two cards using this kit and have a few tips to share. First, let me show you the cards…
A FEW TIPS…
1. Try making multiple cards. The supplies are already out, so why not!? You can do the same design multiple times or try changing it up between cards. I really liked the design of the first card, so I made another card but rotated the greeting to create a horizontal card.
2. Try taking hints from packaged product for color schemes. I wanted a feminine and masculine color scheme but I’m not very good at choosing color combos. I took a color cue from these mini ink cube sets and stamped the candle image using them…
3. When stamping a pattern of colors, try using a stamp cleaner like THIS one in between stamping. It does a great job of cleaning the stamp and reduces any ink transferring to the next stamped image.
4. Try to stretch your product. After stamping the candle image on my cards, I thought I would look for an alternative flame image other than the one provided in the stamp set. The kit includes some beautiful, gold rub-ons that had smaller leaf, triangle, star, and diamond images that worked great for flames and gave a nice shine. Here’s a closer look …
5. Try creating a guide to make stamping faster. I stamped A LOT of candles on these cards and thought it would be best to practice first. I found that when I traced a circle die (slightly smaller than the die that would be placed on top), it helped guide my stamping and keep everything from going wonky. Here’s what I mean…
to see another card using this kit featuring a “smeared” embossing technique.
LINKS TO SUPPLIES USED:
SSS April 2015 Card Kit-HERE
SSS Hybrid Ink Mini Cube Set (Karma)- HERE
Hero Arts Mini Cube Ink Pads (Sweet)- HERE
SSS Stitched Circle Dies- HERE
Avery Elle Signature Dies- HERE
SSS White Embossing Powder- HERE
SSS Slate Cardstock- HERE
SSS Audrey Blue Cardstock- HERE
Hero Arts Ultra Clean Stamp Cleaner- HERE
for the next stop on the Blog Hop and visit my sweet friend, Laurie Willison
. To start at the beginning, click HERE
Simon Says Stamp will be choosing winners from the comments section of all the blog stops to win a Simon Says Stamp goody bag filled with fresh and exciting new products. Leave a comment below to be entered to win! The winners will be chosen on Wednesday, April 15.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!