A FEW TIPS...
1. Try making multiple cards. The supplies are already out, so why not!? You can do the same design multiple times or try changing it up between cards. I really liked the design of the first card, so I made another card but rotated the greeting to create a horizontal card.
2. Try taking hints from packaged product for color schemes. I wanted a feminine and masculine color scheme but I'm not very good at choosing color combos. I took a color cue from these mini ink cube sets and stamped the candle image using them...
|Hero Arts Sweet Mini Cube Ink|
|SSS Karma Hybrid Ink Pad Cube Set|
3. When stamping a pattern of colors, try using a stamp cleaner like THIS one in between stamping. It does a great job of cleaning the stamp and reduces any ink transferring to the next stamped image.
4. Try to stretch your product. After stamping the candle image on my cards, I thought I would look for an alternative flame image other than the one provided in the stamp set. The kit includes some beautiful, gold rub-ons that had smaller leaf, triangle, star, and diamond images that worked great for flames and gave a nice shine. Here's a closer look ...
5. Try creating a guide to make stamping faster. I stamped A LOT of candles on these cards and thought it would be best to practice first. I found that when I traced a circle die (slightly smaller than the die that would be placed on top), it helped guide my stamping and keep everything from going wonky. Here's what I mean...
Click HERE to see another card using this kit featuring a "smeared" embossing technique.
LINKS TO SUPPLIES USED:
SSS April 2015 Card Kit-HERE
SSS Hybrid Ink Mini Cube Set (Karma)- HERE
Hero Arts Mini Cube Ink Pads (Sweet)- HERE
SSS Stitched Circle Dies- HERE
Avery Elle Signature Dies- HERE
Versamark Ink- HERE
SSS White Embossing Powder- HERE
SSS Fog Cardstock- HERE
SSS Slate Cardstock- HERE
SSS Audrey Blue Cardstock- HERE
Hero Arts Ultra Clean Stamp Cleaner- HERE
Click HERE for the next stop on the Blog Hop and visit my sweet friend, Laurie Willison. To start at the beginning, click HERE.
Simon Says Stamp will be choosing winners from the comments section of all the blog stops to win a Simon Says Stamp goody bag filled with fresh and exciting new products. Leave a comment below to be entered to win! The winners will be chosen on Wednesday, April 15.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!